If you are interested in having Kareem edit a book or other text for you, below is a list of rates from contracts he has recently agreed on or completed, so that you have an idea of what to expect. Rates vary depending on the project and the deadline, but due to increased demand, Kareem's rates will be starting at US $70/hour in 2018 and beyond. For rush projects, i.e., projects with less than 1-month advance notice, Kareem's rates start at $80/hour.
- US $75/hour: Editing of translations of Arabic critical texts for a US-based art institution.
- US $70/hour: Writing and editing various texts (in English) related to a range of topics for an educational institution based in Beirut.
- US $60/hour: Editing of an English translation sample from an Arabic novel for a literary agency.
- US $50/hour – editing and writing for product marketing texts for a private company.
- 20% of author’s advance and royalties – helping a prominent European author craft a historical non-fiction book in English (includes structuring and editing the book and assistance finding a US publisher).
- US $40 per hour – long-term contract editing translated essays and other texts for a book at a US-based publishing house, and verifying the accuracy of the translations by comparing against the French and Arabic source texts (2015 to 2016).