Kareem has been interviewed about translation by various organizations and news outlets:
- "Two Guitars Vibrating at the Same Frequency": An interview with Najwan Darwish and Kareem James Abu-Zeid conducted by Ali Al-Jamri for the journal Modern Poetry in Translation (May 2023).
- "Reading Palestine in French": An interview conducted by Tugrul Mende for the journal Asymptote (May 11, 2023).
- Interviewed by Marcia Lynx Qualey for ArabLit on winning the 2022 Sarah Maguire Prize for Poetry in Translation (November 1, 2022).
- Interviewed for the Afikra Book Club podcast series, on translations of Palestinian poetry and Lebanese prose (March 9, 2022).
- 2021 interview by Matthew Davis and Vivek Narayanan on the "Globally Lit" podcast, in conjunction with the Cheuse International Writers Center
- 2021 interview, "A Wave in the Sea," on Words Without Borders: conducted by Kareem with Najwan Darwish
- 2019 interview by Marcia Lynx Qualey ('Songs of Mihyar the Damascene': A Translation that Took 16 Years to Publish) for the Arabic Literature (in English) website
- 2017 interview by Marcia Lynx Qualey ("On Bringing the Mu'allaqat into English") for the Arabic Literature (in English) website
- 2016 interview by John Feffer for Epicenter, an initiative of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington
- 2014 interview by Rachel Monroe for Marfa Public Radio, as part of the Lannan Writer-in-Residence Program